They are always responsive and helpful. I had just moved to New Mexico and didn’t know anyone so I asked around and a family member recommended me to give them a call, so I did. I live in another state. For non-custodial parents who owe back child support, it's important to recognize the risks.While you may be able to get away with child support non-payment for a while, you can bet it will eventually catch up with you. 105 Peoria, AZ 85381, Phone: (480) 467-4348 Fax: (480) 464-5692. Ryan was easy to work with and made this process very simple. He was professional, courteous, and highly responsive, answering my questions, providing detailed step by step instructions all along the way, and never making me feel like an inconvenience to him. Needless to say I am very happy with Ashelee's handling of my case and I know for a fact that anyone else who is fortunate to have her will have the same if not better experience. This can still mean that a fine of $2500 and jail time of up to six months can be imposed. He is very easy to talk with and very supportive. After consulting Jackson White Law for misdemeanor charges thrown at me, she took over my case and literally handled it like a Boss. My initial cold call with Ryan was informative and trustworthy. We set up an appointment and they made the whole process so easy! The court could also rule that the amount owed does not reach the level of a felony, making it a misdemeanor. Ryan Hodges was very professional and courteous as he helped me navigate the probate and estate process involving the sudden death of my son. Seriously. This firm handled several different tasks for me on behalf of my parents. If you are sure that you are going to be unable to make your payment on time, contact the judge and let him or her know what the circumstance is. They were great getting my husbands charges set aside. If you went job searching but had no luck, provide records of when you interviewed or filled out an application and with whom you spoke. Class D Felony for attempting to leave state to avoid payment, or $2,500 in past-due support and 4 months of consecutive non-payment, or has previously been convicted of nonsupport. A family law attorney who handles child support matters should be able to explain the law and provide you guidance. The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Understand that in the state of Arizona, a person who fails to pay the child support that they are obligated to pay by the court is guilty of a crime known as “failure of parent to provide for child.” In Arizona, this is a class VI felony, which can result in up to 1.5 years in prison. If I contacted them they were very responsive. If you don’t attend, the court can issue a warrant for your arrest. You generally won't go to jail unless you offer no explanation for your missed payments or all other remedies have been exhausted and you still owe support. I refer to them now constantly. If you owe unpaid child support, the other parent can ask for a hearing before a judge and ask that you be held in contempt of court. It took her only a few weeks(during the midst of the height of the pandemic in Phoenix) to relieve me of this case and essentially end the prosecution against me. 1 year, $2,500 fine; Up to 6 years or $10,000 fine . His responsiveness to questions were always received the same day. One error that many people make is that they feel that being behind one or two payments is not that big of a deal. Clearly, this is not the avenue you want for yourself. The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or will be formed by use of the site. Ryan Hodges at Jackson White Law Firm made the probate/estate process for my late husband much less scary than I had anticipated it would be (due to my lack of previous knowledge of how the process works - fear of the unknown!). Whether you are simply refusing to make your child support payments or you are unable to do so, you need to understand that failure to make your payments is a violation of the court order. Ryan was very helpful and patient, answering my many questions I had throughout the process. This is why you should contact us at JacksonWhite to see how we can assist you. To stay out of jail, go to the contempt of court hearing prepared to show that you have not deliberately disobeyed the court’s order to pay child support. For information on other methods of collecting child support, including wage withholding orders, liens, posting bonds, and more, see our Enforcement of Child Support Obligations area. Very professional and helpful. We’re from the Philippines and he helped me and my brother experience what American dream is. I live in MA and have no knowledge of AZ law.Attorney Hodges did a tremendous job from start to finish. However, there are times a parent might not be able to pay or simply refuses to pay. This is especially true if you are behind in your payments and are concerned that the judge may file a contempt of court order against you. The answer to this question is YES! I would like to thank the office of JacksonWhite especially attorney Ryan Hodge for his professionalism and for helping me with my case in such a quick and timely manner. What you will often find is that something can be worked out to allow you to reduce or miss a payment, which would then be required to be made up at some point. His ideas came through and we now have the Trust in hand and can avoid probate! I found myself having to fight for the well being of my elderly mother who suffers from late stage dementia and a sibling that was taking advantage of my mom financially and mentally . You must be served with a document ordering you to attend the hearing, and then must attend and explain why you haven’t paid the support you owe. Stat. My experience with the Jackson White law firm was excellent. Class C Felony if more than $10,000 owed. Ms. Stat. Jail time is usually the result of the judge holding you in contempt of court. He always responded to any questions or concerns I had. Very satisfied with his service and made a difficult time easy. On behalf of my family , We want to thank Ryan Hodges and his team for getting us through this terrible situation. He was there when I started filling my K-1 Visa and now that I am a U.S. Citizen I just want to thank and congratulate him for all of his hard work. Even if there is an order for your arrest at this point, working with an attorney can assist you to resolve this issue without an arrest being necessary.

The Legal And Regulatory Environment Of Business 18th Edition Ebook, Egg Harbor Township Restaurants, Great Partnership Synonym, Chinese Mochi Cake, 16gb Ram Laptop Stick, Gemini Ganesan And Savitri, Wilkinson Wvcsb Review, Bms College Of Engineering Management Quota Fees Quora, Gourmet French Toast, Sat Math Lessons Pdf, Pen Png Logo,